Determining the Exchange Web Services (EWS) URL for BMC Track-It! 11.2 and later
A common cause of authentication failures when configuring the Exchange connector for BMC Track-It! 11.2 and later release is using the incorrect URL.
On the configuration page there is an “Auto-Discover Exchange Web Service” button to attempt to find the correct URL. It will locate the URL when the other Exchange Configuration is correctly configured.
The default URL for EWS is https://mail.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
When using for example the following formats, please expect this link to fail:
It must use the same name format as per the certificate configured on Exchange Server.
In order to find the correct URL string we have two methods in our toolbox to find it.
Method 1. Ask your Exchange Administrator
The Exchange admin can use a PowerShell command on the exchange server
- Open PowerShell on the Exchange server
- Type Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory |Select name, *url* | fl
- The URL will be displayed
Method 2. Use your own Outlook (2007 and later) that connects to the same Exchange EWS Connector.
- Hold the Ctrl key and right click on the Outlook Icon in the system tray
- Select “Test E-mail Auto Configuration” from the menu
- Type in an email address located on the desired Exchange server
- Click Test
When you find the correct URL string you can enter it into the Track-It! Exchange connector.