How To Install Web Survey For BMC Track-It 11
Continuing the successful “How To” series of articles, the focus has once again fallen on BMC Track-It. In this article, I explain how to install the Web Survey Module for BMC Track-It! 11. For those of you that are still using a BMC Track-It 10 and 10.5, the process is slightly different and will be addressed in separate articles.
BMC has made the installation process of the Web Survey module very straight forward. Just follow the steps listed below to install your copy. If you have any problems with the installation, fill in the contact form at the bottom of the article to request one of our technicians to assist you.
How to Install Web Survey in Track-It 11x
- In order to install the Web Survey module, the IIS components for both Track-It 11 and Track-It Web must first be installed. The Web Survey module is an add-on module and must be purchased before it can be installed and configured.
- If Web Survey’s Web components (TISurveyInstall.msi) are being installed on Windows 2008 or Windows 2012, you must have the following Web Server roles installed: IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility IIS 6 WMI Compatibility IIS 6 Scripting Tools
- If, during installation, you receive an “Unable to cast COM object” error, register the dll with REGSVR32 and then re-run the installation. The TISecurityServer.dll is found under C:\Program Files\Common Files\BMC Software\Track-It! Shared (default 32-bit path is shown): REGSVR32 “C:\Program Files\Common Files\BMC Software\Track-It! Shared\TISecurityServer.dll”
- First, make sure to uninstall any previous versions of the Web Survey components from Add or Remove Programs.
- Click here to download the Web Survey installer for Track-It! 11. (you may have to log in to your Track-It profile to complete the download.)
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a temporary location on the Track-It! application/Web server.NOTE: If the Web components are installed on a separate server, make sure to extract the contents of the zip file to that server as well.
- On the Track-It! Web server, run msi to install the Web components. Please remember that in order to install the IIS components for Web Survey, Track-It Web must first be installed. If TISurveyInstall.msi is being installed on Windows 2008 or Windows 2012, you must have the following Web Server roles installed: IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility IIS 6 WMI Compatibility IIS 6 Scripting Tools.
- On the Track-It! Application server, run msi to install the application update.
When the Technician Client application is run, it will automatically be upgraded to include the Web Survey administration features, which will appear in the Administration Console. After logging into Technician Client after the update completes, please take the following additional steps:
- Click Tools -> Administration Console.
- Under Configuration -> Web Survey Administration, click on Global Settings.
- Enter the Survey URL and then click Save. By default, this should be http://ServerName/TI10Survey.
- After saving the changes, click the Configure Survey Monitor link on the page.
- Set the percentage and the number of days in the past to include in the survey, enable the survey mailer, and then click
You may also want to read the following articles about Track-It!
Installing the Web Survey Module for BMC Track-It adds a significant extension to BMCs help desk solution, giving end-users a tool to critique the workmanship of the technician. Similarly, it gives management the ability to monitor the end user’s satisfaction in the abilities of the IT department. A low tolerance level is a clear message to management that problems between IT and the end-users exist. These problems if not addressed may lead to a breakdown of trust between the end-users and the IT department.
Please follow us on Twitter at @OnsoftSA. Join our email list and receive breaking news about Track-It.